Summer Reading for Kids to Win Prizes
When BlogFrog asked me if I wanted to get involved with Children’s Book-of-the-Month Club promoting their kids’ Summer Reading Series campaign, it was a no brainer. I love this stuff! Summer reading lists? That is right up my alley. What is even better is that my readers will get a chance to win prizes just for sharing what their kids will be reading this summer. I’m interested in knowing. Sharing this info is a great way to discover new great books. Just like the Children’s Book-of-the-Month Club! Read more…
Summer Coming of Age Books for Girls
This is what I was thinking when I came up with this kooky list:
- Summer read, preferably on the beach or on vacation.
- Has to be a good read but not too strenuous or stressful or heavy (no Grapes of Wrath vibe!).
- The book is about the summer and/or beach and/or beachy vacation vibe; like, hey, we are all on vacation. You in the book and me in real life.
- A great lead GIRL character.
- Counts towards summer homework book assignment but was thoroughly enjoyable.
- For incoming grades 4-6.
Can you think of any more coming of age chapter book for girls set during the summer? I’d love to add your pick! Thanks!
Best Chapter Books that Teach Compassion
I am shocked that Introducing…Sasha Abramowitz by Sue Halpern did not win any awards. It reminds me a lot of Rules by Cynthia Lord which won a Newbery Award. Must have been a tough year that year! If you child like Rules, s/he will love this book. Read more…