Summer Coming of Age Books for Girls
This is what I was thinking when I came up with this kooky list:
- Summer read, preferably on the beach or on vacation.
- Has to be a good read but not too strenuous or stressful or heavy (no Grapes of Wrath vibe!).
- The book is about the summer and/or beach and/or beachy vacation vibe; like, hey, we are all on vacation. You in the book and me in real life.
- A great lead GIRL character.
- Counts towards summer homework book assignment but was thoroughly enjoyable.
- For incoming grades 4-6.
Can you think of any more coming of age chapter book for girls set during the summer? I’d love to add your pick! Thanks!
Chapter Books for Kids With Special Needs Characters that Teach Compassion
I live in a city that is composed of about a dozen villages. Most of the villages have a small town center and most of the town centers have an ice cream shop. My village has a town center but it’s a small one so it’s not really a draw. The town center lacks, well, a center. It’s more of a town perpendicular than a town square. There is an ice cream shop but it was one that we rarely visited, opting instead to drive further to the center of town with the bad parking to another ice cream chain store because our ice cream store wasn’t much of anything. Even the ice cream there tasted a wee bit like freezer burn. Read more…