My 9-year-old son likes factoids and we are often waiting at pick ups for his older sisters or before his soccer game. My son would usually kill the time playing a game on the iPad but I like the FREE Parent&Child KidQ app more. It’s quick. It’s fun. It’s educational!
The app is meant as a way to converse with your child by providing questions like:
- Why do feet smell (my son likes potty humor so this makes him giggle)
- Why is California named The Golden State (hint: gold rush)
- Why do you think they freeze hockey pucks before games (hint: friction. fun fact: the first hockey pucks were actually frozen cow poop!)
- What is the most popular team sport in the United States? (hint: hoop)
- Why do you think Johnny Appleseed is famous? (hint: apple trees. fun fact: only one tree that he planted remains — it’s more than 180 years old and sits on a farm in Nova, Ohio)