MCBD Sponsorship has officially closed so we are ready to share the final line-up along with a few “FAQ’s”
- MCBD is a non-profit that is in its fourth year
- Our official hashtag is #ReadYourWorld.
- MCBD was created by Valarie Budayr from Jump Into A Book and Mia Wenjen from PragmaticMom
- The Big Giant Linky: The much anticipated review linky will not be live until the morning of 1/27/17 and will be located here on the MCBD site and also on all CoHosts’ sites. This link-up is a compilation of 400+ books multicultural book reviews and activities that will create a robust online resource for parents, grandparents, educators, caregivers and librarians. A separate Linky will be available for those reviewing on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- MCBD offers many FREE resources for those looking for information on diverse books for young readers including our Classroom Kindness Kit and our Diversity Book Lists & Activities for Teachers and Parents.
- Our 17 CoHosts are made up of powerhouse moms, bloggers, writers and reading advocates. Our CoHosts are:
A Crafty Arab, All Done Monkey, Books My Kids Read, Crafty Moms Share, Colours of Us, Educators Spin on it, Franticmommy, Growing Book by Book, Imagination Soup, Kid World Citizen, Mama Smiles, Multicultural Kid Blogs, Randomly Reading, Spanish Playground, The Jenny Evolution,The Logonauts and Youth Literature Reviews
Multicultural Children’s Book Day‘s mission is to raise awareness of the ongoing need to include kids’ books that celebrate diversity in home and school bookshelves while also working diligently to get more of these types of books into the hands of young readers, parents and educators. Read more…