Summer Coming of Age Books for Girls
This is what I was thinking when I came up with this kooky list:
- Summer read, preferably on the beach or on vacation.
- Has to be a good read but not too strenuous or stressful or heavy (no Grapes of Wrath vibe!).
- The book is about the summer and/or beach and/or beachy vacation vibe; like, hey, we are all on vacation. You in the book and me in real life.
- A great lead GIRL character.
- Counts towards summer homework book assignment but was thoroughly enjoyable.
- For incoming grades 4-6.
Can you think of any more coming of age chapter book for girls set during the summer? I’d love to add your pick! Thanks!
Best Chapter Books for Kids
If your elementary school is like my elementary school, kids entering grades 3-5 need to read 5 or so books during the summer (and do a book project on one of the books). It’s not normally a struggle to get my kids to read 5 books during the summer except for the selection of the books because the summertime reading has to be especially engaging to compete for their time! These 10 chapter books should do the trick!! Read more…
Best Books for Kids in Third Grade Through Fifth Grade (by kids)
My 4th grader helped to compile this list of favorite books she recommends for 3-5th graders. I have also vetted this list for content. I feel that some topics such as death, cruelty, poverty, when dealt with a heavy hand are best suited for when kids are a little older, say Middle School. These books, even though they cover these heavy topics, are still uplifting. Read more…