Books for Kids About Teachers Who Change Lives
As we ease into the summer and reflect on the our children’s past school year, it is the teacher who makes the difference between a great year and a mediocre or worse year. I am sure that I am not alone in sending up prayers to get particular teachers for my kids next year. This list is an homage to the exceptional teachers everywhere who dedicate their lives to making a difference. And they absolutely do! One day, one of their students may even write about their exception teacher as in the case of a few of the books selected below. Read more…
Summer Coming of Age Books for Girls
This is what I was thinking when I came up with this kooky list:
- Summer read, preferably on the beach or on vacation.
- Has to be a good read but not too strenuous or stressful or heavy (no Grapes of Wrath vibe!).
- The book is about the summer and/or beach and/or beachy vacation vibe; like, hey, we are all on vacation. You in the book and me in real life.
- A great lead GIRL character.
- Counts towards summer homework book assignment but was thoroughly enjoyable.
- For incoming grades 4-6.
Can you think of any more coming of age chapter book for girls set during the summer? I’d love to add your pick! Thanks!