The model of a cell cake is a popular science project for 7th grade. My daughter says that anyone who bakes this cake gets an A on their project. Her class ate the cake after she and her partner presented it. It was delicious even though it was a day old.
Here are instructions to bake your own Edible Cell Model from Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers. There is a lot of leftover candy after the project is completed which is why I think my daughter chose this project!
- Blue Mike and Ikes = mitochondria
- Pink Mike and Ikes = smooth endoplasmic reticulum
- War Heads = vacuoles
- Air Heads Xtremes = rough endoplasmic reticulum
- Sour gummy worms = Golgi apparatus
- Candy disc sprinkles = ribosomes
- Cupcake = nucleus