Summer Reading for Kids to Win Prizes
When BlogFrog asked me if I wanted to get involved with Children’s Book-of-the-Month Club promoting their kids’ Summer Reading Series campaign, it was a no brainer. I love this stuff! Summer reading lists? That is right up my alley. What is even better is that my readers will get a chance to win prizes just for sharing what their kids will be reading this summer. I’m interested in knowing. Sharing this info is a great way to discover new great books. Just like the Children’s Book-of-the-Month Club! Read more…
Summer Coming of Age Books for Girls
This is what I was thinking when I came up with this kooky list:
- Summer read, preferably on the beach or on vacation.
- Has to be a good read but not too strenuous or stressful or heavy (no Grapes of Wrath vibe!).
- The book is about the summer and/or beach and/or beachy vacation vibe; like, hey, we are all on vacation. You in the book and me in real life.
- A great lead GIRL character.
- Counts towards summer homework book assignment but was thoroughly enjoyable.
- For incoming grades 4-6.
Can you think of any more coming of age chapter book for girls set during the summer? I’d love to add your pick! Thanks!
Kids Give Book Award to Their Favorite Books
The Children’s Choice Book Awards is the only national children’s book awards program where winning titles are selected by young readers of all ages. The good news here is that there is a very high probability that your child will like these books too! The children (and teens) have spoken! These are their favorite books for 2011! Read more…
Best Chapter Books that Teach Compassion
I am shocked that Introducing…Sasha Abramowitz by Sue Halpern did not win any awards. It reminds me a lot of Rules by Cynthia Lord which won a Newbery Award. Must have been a tough year that year! If you child like Rules, s/he will love this book. Read more…