These book lists are for those difficult situations that come up when you want to talk to kids about something but don’t know where to start:
- Afraid of the Dark
- Best Friend Moves Away
- Birds and Bees Talk
- Domestic Violence
- Grief and Loss
- Inappropriate Touch
- Incarcerated Parents
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Living in Alcoholic Home
- Loss of Pet
- Mental Health
- Racism and White Fragility
Are you looking for something different? I indexed and cross-referenced my 300+ book lists: List of Lists: All My Book Lists.
Book Lists for Difficult Situations
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Food for the Future: Sustainable Farms Around the World
- Junior Library Guild Gold selection
- Selected as one of 100 Outstanding Picture Books of 2023 by dPICTUS and featured at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair
- Starred review from School Library Journal
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.