Summer Coming of Age Books for Girls
This is what I was thinking when I came up with this kooky list:
- Summer read, preferably on the beach or on vacation.
- Has to be a good read but not too strenuous or stressful or heavy (no Grapes of Wrath vibe!).
- The book is about the summer and/or beach and/or beachy vacation vibe; like, hey, we are all on vacation. You in the book and me in real life.
- A great lead GIRL character.
- Counts towards summer homework book assignment but was thoroughly enjoyable.
- For incoming grades 4-6.
Can you think of any more coming of age chapter book for girls set during the summer? I’d love to add your pick! Thanks!
Caught in the Act of READING!
Thank you to everyone who sent me pictures. I am posting them in the order received and they are ALL wonderful. I like how this week’s group of kids look so cozy in their chairs (or yoga exercise balls). And I also love how engrossed they all are. Like they are really, really into their books. Yay! This is what I dream about! Read more…
Many Cribs Recalled Due to Side Rail Gap
Today, I got notifications for many, many cribs that are under recall including Child Craft, Delta, EvenFlo, Jardine, LaJobi , Million Dollar Baby and Simmons due to entrapment, suffocation, strangulation and fall hazards. Read more…
Books for Kids for Beach Vacation
We have spent an amazing week at North Captiva Island, a barrier reef island with only golf carts as transportation. Every day, an amazing array of birds fly by the house and dive in the water to catch fish. We saw an Osprey land on our roof with a flopping fish. It eyed us for a moment before flying off to eat its prey. Every day we see fleets of Brown Pelicans fly in military precision over the water. When my husband released a catfish he caught on shore, as Osprey flew out of nowhere and grabbed the fish as it swam wearily away. Read more…