I visited Cambridge University more than 30 years ago and it is a lovely and defined campus. It’s very much like an Ivy League campus like Harvard and Yale. But not all British colleges fit this mold.
I was surprised to find that Central Saint Martins has multiple campuses with the Kings Cross location consisting of a single large building. Kings College, also, follows this mold — more than one location with a single HUGE building that took up the entire city block!
What was nice about University College London (UCL) is that it has a defined campus with many, many buildings. It’s much more like a typical college here in the United States.
What is it known for?
- UCL was the first university in England to welcome students of any religion, and to welcome women to university education
- UCL was rated the top university in the UK for research strength in the most recent Research Excellence Framework
- There have been 30 Nobel Prize laureates amongst UCL’s alumni and current and former staff to date
- UCL is ranked 8th in the 2022 QS World University Rankings
- It is ranked 4th out of 90 UK universities.
Many of us only know Oxford and Cambridge Universities, but UCL is another great option for anyone thinking of studying in the UK!
p.p.s. Related posts:
To examine any book more closely at Indiebound or Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon and IndieBound Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.