Visiting Wesleyan University
Our takeaways from Wesleyan University tour:
- Open curriculum
- Test optional (SAT/ACT)
- 5 year Masters’s program in STEM with 5th-year TUITION FREE!
- 2 cross-curriculum majors with different requirements
- Some students have 3 majors
- Optional to fulfill general education requirements other than 32 credits in 4 years though major course requirements are specific
- Housing gets progressively more independent as you get older. Seniors generally live on campus but in houses or apartments where they have to clean themselves through yard work and snow shoveling and repairs are provided by the university
- A community that seems to be particularly nurturing
- Only about 100 graduate students
- Athletic Center newly renovated
- Wesleyan is very connected to the community; their facilities are open to the community, particularly their athletic fields and gyms. There is also a lot of volunteer opportunities. Most notable is that Wesleyan’s bookstore is on Main Street instead of on campus. The bookstore has a great cafe with pressed juice and smoothies that seems to be supporting the community in an effort to revitalize Main Street.
- It’s a very friendly atmosphere!
- There are cookies and star gazing at the Observatory weekly.
- The hill above the baseball diamond is used for sunbathing and sledding.
- 25% Greek life but only one fraternity has a house and it’s 50% women even though it’s a fraternity.
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
p.s. Related posts (all my posts on getting into college are here):
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.