It is impossible to keep your baby’s clothes free from dirt! Active little ones tend to get grass stains during summer, muddy from puddles in the spring and autumn, and even get dirty from snow play during the winter.
Let kids explore the world around them. It is easier to learn how to take care of trendy toddler clothes and keep them like new. And if you know how to clean it properly, you can keep your child’s wardrobe in tip-top condition which makes pass down to someone else.
A Few Simple Rules
If you follow these simple rules, things will last much longer:
- For washing clothes of children under 3 years old and newborns, use only special baby detergent. I used Dreft.
- Do not wash clothes of adults and children under 3 years of age together.
- Do not dry children’s jeans in the dryer. It’s better to just let them hang dry.
- If you wash baby clothes by hand, rinse at least five times.
- Children’s outerwear will last longer if washed as little as possible. Usually, dirt can be easily removed with a damp cloth. This will preserve the waterproofness of the top layer, which degrades with every wash.
- Garments and other items should be ironed with a steaming iron or while they are slightly damp.
- Do not use fabric softeners — they impair their breathability, thereby reducing functionality.
- It is better to hang dry all items inside.
If the child’s clothes are heavily soiled, pre-wash the stains before laundering with water at a temperature of 40 degrees without using soap. Use water-repellent sprays and gels to improve the weather resistance of clothing and shoes. The same applies to shoes; it is better to wash them in the washing machine in extreme cases. Otherwise, try to wipe the sole and remove dirt immediately after coming from the street.
Which care products are better to buy?
You might be concerned about using products that not only protect clothing but are also environmentally friendly. Look for products that are water-based and free of fluorocarbons and solvents.
What are your tips for cleaning baby clothes? Thanks for sharing your favorite products as well!
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.