Visiting Barnard College
My daughter and I took a tour of Barnard College. These are our takeaways:
- Small campus across the street from Columbia
- Barnard students take classes and rush sororities at Columbia
- Barnard students can eat at Columbia and vice versus
- Rules at Barnard for overnight guests. Can’t have the same guest three nights in a row or six times a month.
- Female athletes playing for Columbia can choose Barnard as Barnard has no teams though I get the impression that most do not.
- College professors can choose Barnard or Columbia.
- Our tour guide applied to Harvard, Brown, Columbia, Barnard, and American University. Waitlisted at Harvard. Decided between American University and Barnard.
p.s. Related posts (all my posts on applying to college are here):
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.