Did you know that I have a YouTube channel? My channel is also my family video scrapbook and you can see what my kids are up to. I also have hundreds of videos that I’ve made on children’s books. They reflect the various kinds of videos about children’s books that I have over the last ten years:
- Author Book Events: I video snippets from author events that I attend (with permission by the author)
- Unboxing: I video a package reveal of book releases from publishers
- Picture Book Videos: Very, very short picture book videos with images from the book set to music
- Book Talks: I give a little oral book review of my favorite books
- Author Interview: I sit down with an author
Here’s why I think that these 5 children’s book videos are my most popular…
Author Book Event
Tui T. Sutherland and how she names Wings of Fire Dragons
Tui T. Sutherland is a rockstar and her series is on the New York Times bestseller list. My son is her biggest fan (and guess how stoked he was to discover that we live in the same town?). I have many videos from her events that my son and I have attended. Her events tend to sell out in hours, even when she announces them on the down-low.
I have to admit that out of ALL the things she talked about, I am perplexed as to why how she names her dragons is by far and away my most popular video about her. I can only guess that her readers both love her characters and secretly want to name their own dragons in her books. There is no other explanation that I can think of.
Author P. J. Lynch on his picture book
The Boy Who Fell Off the Mayflower or John Howland’s Good Fortune
I lucked out because I was invited to Candlewick Press’s book lunch event with P. J. Lynch and I asked if I could interview him. We ended up walking back to the Candlewick Press office to a small conference room chock full of books. I didn’t really prepare for the interview but simply asked him a series of questions that I then edited together to make it shorter and more coherent.
P. J. Lynch is just such a nice and charming person that I think people like this video because you really feel like you are meeting him.
We’re Going on a Bear Hunt: Changing Picture Book by Michael Rosen, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
Max’s Story by W. Bruce Cameron
Very Very Short Video
Whose Hands Are These? by Miranda Paul, illustrated by Luciana Navarro Powell
I would love your feedback! What videos do you want me to make? Thanks so much!
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
p.s. Related posts:
Food for the Future: Sustainable Farms Around the World
- Junior Library Guild Gold selection
- Selected as one of 100 Outstanding Picture Books of 2023 by dPICTUS and featured at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair
- Starred review from School Library Journal
- Chicago Library’s Best of the Best
- Imagination Soup’s 35 Best Nonfiction Books of 2023 for Kids