Thank you to Big Berkey Filters for sponsoring this post!
Water-borne disease is a major issue globally, especially in areas where people consume water that has not been disinfected. In most cases, people may complain about diarrhea issues after taking water that is not yet disinfected. Diarrhea will be caused by viruses present in the water. The viruses are in the form of small parasites that can invade their host cells while reproducing.
The water comes into contact with fecal matter from livestock and humans; it might get viruses. The viruses will then spread from one human being to another through the septic systems that are not functioning well and the leaky sewer lines.
The water present in the wells may also contain coliform bacteria. If the water has coliform bacteria, it may contain harmful organisms such as worms or protozoa. Such microorganisms can cause ailments such as chronic diarrhea, vomiting, and dysentery.
The viruses can be killed through the boiling water, chlorination, or water filtration. By using the mentioned techniques to treat the water, you can easily protect your child from viruses. You should use an efficient water filter; you can opt for Big Berkey Water Filters.
The water filters help to ensure that drinking water is safe for human consumption. In the process, your child will also be protected from viruses.
Why Is It Important to Purify Water?
Every human being needs access to clean water for cooking, drinking, and any other use, including washing clothes and bathing. When we use purified water, we can live a hygienic life.
The tap water in your homestead may seem clean; however, it may have different viruses and bacteria, including lead, mercury, chlorine, and fluorine compounds. When you consume water with such viruses and bacteria, you will experience varying health issues.
Fortunately, it is possible to treat the water through processes such as filtration. So, you may be wondering, how can you have access to purified water? Well, you may install a water filter in your new home. The water filter will ensure your child can consume clean water that does not contain any viruses.
The benefits of having a water filter include:
- Enjoy Clean Drinking Water Daily – We have earlier noted that unsafe drinking water may have some adverse consequences on your health because of the presence of bacteria and viruses. Although the municipal water systems ensure the water is treated, the main issue is system failures, which occur unexpectedly. If you have a water filtration system in your home, it means you made a wise investment. You have also made sure your family is safe from the hazards of consuming water that contains pollutants.
- Helps in Preserving the Environment – Over the years, the environment has been affected adversely by the heavy use of plastic bottles and other plastic forms. Although some people usually dispose of plastic waste well, there is no guarantee it will be recycled. It is advisable to eliminate the use of plastic materials from the waste stream in your premises to correct such a significant issue.
- Helps to Prevent Skin Irritation – some people have sensitive skin, whereas others suffer from conditions such as psoriasis or eczema. When such people are exposed to chemicals present in unpurified water, they will experience skin irritation because of chlorine exposure. A water filtration system can help to solve this issue since the water will be pure and free of such chemicals.
- Reducing Mineral and Limescale Deposits – the best example to use is an old tea kettle with a metallic bottom. When you look at the bottom, you will realize there are some chalky and white deposits; these deposits can be referred to as limescale. They are quite unattractive. The limescale can build up in appliances and water pipes; they can also contribute to the unpleasant water taste. Fortunately, a water filter can help solve the limescale issue and ensure that the drinking water tastes well.
- Saving Money – Some families are used to acquiring bottled water. The bottled water is expensive, and it may have a negative toll on your finances. A family can consume at least two bottles of water daily. The annual costs of the bottled water may amaze you. On average, you might spend at least $500 annually. Imagine the amount of money you will spend on bottled water in your lifetime.
- Reducing Potential Plumbing Issues – chemicals, heavy metals, and minerals present in water may damage the pipes and other appliances. A water filter can help eliminate some of these damaging factors from the source such that appliances such as hot-water heaters can last longer.
You may be worried that water may contain viruses that may affect your child’s health adversely. Well, it means you are a caring parent. Fortunately, there are different ways to protect your child from viruses, including the use of water filters. We have pointed out the major advantages of water filters, including eliminating harmful bacteria and viruses in drinking water.
p.s. Related posts:
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.