With schools closing, sports for kids is also uncertain for the upcoming spring season. But for those who want to plan ahead, here are free resources for coaches courtesy of How To Coach Girls.
- Pre-Season Logistics Check Off Form
- Emergency Medical Kit Check Off Form
- Player Code of Conduct Printable Form
- Champions Creed Printable
- Parent Code of Conduct Downloadable Form
- Coach Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Soccer Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Softball Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Lacrosse Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Basketball Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Hockey Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Field Hockey Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Free Award Certificates. Wise Owl Factory created free editable award certificates for every member of a sports team. Her award certificates are HERE.
If team sports are not an option where you live, here are some free soccer training videos from my co-author, Alison Foley. They can be done at home indoors or outside.
High-intensity soccer training drills that you can do at home.
More high-intensity soccer training drills that you can do at home.
High-intensity training drills for ankle stability.
Here are more fun ideas that I found on Pinterest:
Try making an obstacle course in a hallway using tape from My Dallas Mommy.
Gather some sticks from a nature hike.
Make hopscotch boxes using masking tape inside on a floor or sidewalk chalk outside in a driveway. Classical Fun uses it for math.
Make a ladder using masking tape to try these drills and have your kids make up their own.
p.s. Related posts:
Food for the Future: Sustainable Farms Around the World
- Junior Library Guild Gold selection
- Selected as one of 100 Outstanding Picture Books of 2023 by dPICTUS and featured at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair
- Starred review from School Library Journal
- Chicago Library’s Best of the Best
- Imagination Soup’s 35 Best Nonfiction Books of 2023 for Kids