We are using the music to make a new video for Multicultural Children’s Book Day 2020! AND YOU CAN BE FEATURED!!!
All you need to do is take a photo of you, kids, your hand, or just the diversity book that you recommend. Post it to Twitter or Instagram and tag with #ReadYourWorldMusicVideo so we can find it. Due by 1/5/2020.
Other ways to participate in Multicultural Children’s Book Day:
- Get a FREE diversity children’s or young adult book and post your review to social media during the month of January. Sign up here.
- Teachers: get a free diversity children’s book for your classroom library by signing up here.
- Teachers and Librarians: get two free diversity children’s books and swag by celebrating with a Multicultural Children’s Book Day event in the classroom or library the last week of January. Sign up here.
- Celebrate with a free poster! Here’s our gallery of posters.
- Use our giant Diversity Book Lists and Activities resource to find the perfect book.
- Use our Classroom Kit on Empathy themed around immigration and refugee experience. Our kits have a curated book list, activities, poster, and discussion guide.
- Use our Classroom Kit on Kindness.
- Use our Classroom Kit on Poverty.
- Use our newest Classroom Kit on Physical and Developmental Challenges.
- Join us to win book bundles at our 7th annual Twitter Party on January 31, 2020 at 9pm EST. Use hashtag #ReadYourWorld to find us.
- We will be doing a 10 blog post series with Children’s Book Council featuring 10 diverse books of all genres and there will be book giveaways! This will run the month of Janaury 2020 on the Multicultural Children’s Book Day blog. Authors include Nikki Grimes, Nic Stone, Christina Soontornvat, Julie Flett, Traci Sorell, David O. Bowles, Ann Dávila Cardinal, Vita Murrow, Wendy Xu, and Eric Smith.
These two diversity ebook resources will be FREE from January 29-Feb 2, 2020 in celebration of Multicultural Children’s Book Day!
Our ebook resource, Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators, is a fundraising book for Multicultural Children’s Book Day.
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Diversity Books for Children: 60+ Book Lists
I’ve broken down my multicultural lists by:
- Multicultural Book Lists for Kids (a catch-all for those lists that don’t fit the categories below)
- Civil Rights Movement Books for Kids
- Asian American Books for Kids with subcategories
- Korean American Books for Kids
- Japanese American Books for Kids
- Chinese American Books for Kids
- Southeast Asian Books for Kids
- Native American Books for Kids
- Hispanic American Books for Kids
- Arab American Books for Kids
- LGBTQ Books for Kids