Welcome to our 6th Multicultural Children’s Book Day! Here’s how to celebrate:
- Link up your diversity book reviews
- Win diversity book bundles at our Twitter Party tonight, January 25, 2019! We’re giving away 100+ children’s books from 9pm to 10pm EST. RSVP here. Use hashtag: #ReadYourWorld.
- Get your a copy of Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators. It’s FREE today through January 27th!
Please link up your diversity book posts for our Multicultural Children’s Book Day Big Giant LINKY!
Have you seen our Multicultural Children’s Book Day Music Video?
Did you know that we have an ebook resource?!
Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators edited by Mia Wenjen with contributors:
Alex Baugh of Randomly Reading
Amanda Boyarshinov of The Educators’ Spin On It
Valarie Budayr of Jump Into a Book
Erica Clark of What Do We Do All Day?
Rebecca Flansburg of Frantic Mommy
Anna Geiger of The Measured Mom
Svenja Gernand of Colours of Us
Michelle Goetzl of Books My Kids Read
Jennifer Hughes of The Jenny Evolution
MaryAnne Kochenderfer of Mama Smiles
Marie-Claude Leroux of Marie Pastiche
Katie Logonauts of The Logonauts
Stephanie Meade of InCulture Parent
Katie Meadows of Youth Literature Reviews
Leanna Guillén Mora of All Done Monkey
Becky Morales of Kid World Citizen
Carrie Pericola of Crafty Moms Share
Jodie Rodriguez of Growing Book by Book
Melissa Taylor of Imagination Soup
Mia Wenjen of PragmaticMom
Did you get our free Classroom Kits?
We have three :
Classroom Poverty Kit (new!)
It includes a Poverty Doesn’t Discriminate poster by Mehrdokht Amini, a diversity poverty book list for ages 2 through 12, a discussion guide, and classroom activities.
It includes an Everyone is Welcome Here poster by Juana Medina, a diversity empathy book list on immigration and refugees for ages 2 through 2, discussion guide, and classroom activities.
It includes Be a Hero Be Kind poster by Jarrett Krosoczka, a diversity kindness book list for ages 2 through 12, and classroom kindness activities.
Need help finding a diverse book for your kids or classroom? Check out:
Diversity Book Lists & Activities for Teachers and Parents
Our Diverse World Book Lists for Kids (this is a general book list)
It’s also broken out by country/geographic area:
- Our Diverse World: Africa
- Our Diverse World: Asia
- Our Diverse World: China
- Our Diverse World: Japan
- Our Diverse World: Korea
- Our Diverse World: India
- Our Diverse World: Armenia
- Our Diverse World: Australia
- Our Diverse World: Latin America
- Our Diverse World: Mexico
- Our Diverse World: Middle East
- Our Diverse World: Scandinavia
Diversity in Children’s Books Presented as Every Day (this is a book list)
Books on World Religions for Kids (this is a book list)
It’s also broken out by holiday and/or religion.
- Diverse Thanksgiving Books for Kids
- Diverse Christmas Books for Kids
- Muslim Books for Kids
- Jewish Books for Kids
- Hindu Books for Kids
- Buddhist Books for Kids
- Confucianism & Taoism Books for Kids
- Baha’i Books for Kids
- Day of the Dead Books for Kids
- Las Posadas Books for Kids
Seeing Yourself in Children’s Books
- Special Needs Books for Kids
- LGBT Book Lists for Kids of All Ages
- African American Books for Kids of All Ages
- American Indian Books for Kids of All Ages
- Asian American Books for Kids of All Ages
- Hispanic American Books for Kids of All Ages
Diversity Books By Genre
- Diverse Board Books
- Diverse Picture Books
- Diverse Easy Readers & Early Chapter Books
- Diverse Chapter Books
- Diverse Biography Picture Books
- Diverse Graphic Novels
- Diverse Fantasy and Science Fiction for Kids
- If You Like This: Read This Diversity Book for Kids
- Bilingual Books for Kids
General Diversity Book Lists (this is a book list)
Thank you so much for joining us for our 6th Multicultural Children’s Book Day!!