Multicultural Children’s Book Day‘s 3rd annual Classroom Kit is available today! It’s FREE and downloadable here.
This year’s topic is Understanding Poverty in America. This kit contains:
- 27 Classroom Books that will help Readers Understand Poverty in America for ages 4 -12
- 2 Classroom or Home Activities
- “Poverty Doesn’t Discriminate” Classroom Poster thanks to the talents of award-winning illustrator, Mehrdokht Amini
- Discussion Guide with Talking Points on Poverty for Teachers
- Links, resources, and services available to under-served families in the U.S.A.
Thank you for cultivating understanding, kindness, inclusion, and exploration of this beautiful world in your classroom.
p.s. Other Multicultural Children’s Book Day Classroom Kits:
Also, a gallery of all our free posters.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.