Fall season is right around the corner so I wanted to giveaway a copy of How To Coach Girls and some swag for any parents who might be volunteer coaching their daughters. To enter, please fill out the Rafflecopter at the bottom.
I also wanted to thank everyone who was so kind to write a review on Amazon. I understand that if a book can generate 50 reviews, Amazon starts to recommend the book.
Here are a few of the reviews:
Great little book – just nails it in terms of content – no fluff. If you are a coach of Girls you should read this and if you are a male coach of girls read this twice. It teaches quickly what it took me several seasons to learn on my coaching journey – first as parent, then team parent, then assistant coach and now coach of a Girls U12 recreation soccer team.
– Girls will compete after they bond – and so you need to give them opportunities to bond e.g. early in practice or make a water break take a little longer
– Break up any cliques that form
– Keep it fun
– Lots of positive reinforcement but make it genuine
– You have to build trust and safety – they won’t try or take risks if the feeling is that failure means punishment. You need to create “emotional safety”.
Lots of fun ideas e.g.
– Coaches’ forfeit
– Cupcakes for birthdays
– The “How to be a better teammate” game.
This is a quick read but should be handed out to every Girls’ team coach Day 1.
- Pre-Season Logistics Check Off Form
- Emergency Medical Kit Check Off Form
- Player Code of Conduct Printable Form
- Champions Creed Printable
- Parent Code of Conduct Downloadable Form
- Coach Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Soccer Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Softball Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Lacrosse Player Evaluation Downloadable Form
- Free Award Certificates. Wise Owl Factory created free editable award certificates for every member of a sports team. Her award certificates are HERE.
p.p.s. Today is the last day of 10 days of book giveaways on my Instagram. It’s not too late to enter all 10 giveaways!
How To Coach Girls book and swag GIVEAWAY!
To enter, please fill out the Rafflecopter below. I can only ship to U.S. addresses.
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.