A huge thank you to Amanda of Miss Panda Chinese for interviewing me on her channel. We talk about Multicultural Children’s Book Day, Chinese versus Japanese New Year Books for Kids, and more! Her post is here.
Her interview is here:
Miss Panda Chinese and I Talk Multicultural Children’s Book Day and More!
And here are some fun tweets related to the video:
From Grace Lin:
From Debbi Michiko Florence:
I just found out that
@pacylin‘s mom & I both had neighbors named Mrs. Reese! Find out more fun connections in books and New Years when @MissPandaChines interviews @pragmaticmomhttps://www.misspandachinese.com/interview-mia-wenjen-pragmaticmom-multicultural-childrens-book-day/ … #MCCBD
Join us tomorrow, Saturday, January 27th 2018 for our #ReadYourWorld Multicultural Children’s Book Day Twitter Party. It’s from 9pm-10pm EST.
We’ll be talking about diversity in children’s books and giving away book bundles every six minutes! The questions for the Twitter Party, along with the book bundle prize, are here.
We encourage everyone to join in:
- Teachers: Let us know what books you need and we will steer you towards resources and/or make the book lists you need.
- Authors/illustrators: Jump in with your favorite diversity books, authors and illustrators. Tell us about your book as well as help those looking for specific books find what they need.
- Publishers: Share the books that you create when people talk about what they are looking for.
- Parents/Guardians: Let us know what books you need and share your favorite diversity books, authors and illustrators.
- Librarians: We need your expertise!
- KidLit Lovers: Join us for a fun discussion.
Everyone can win! We are giving away 13 book bundles — over 100 books in total — every six minutes. Each book bundle is tied to a specific question. Help us celebrate diversity in children’s books!
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.