We are so excited to reveal the cover for our new book, How To Coach Girls, that I co-authored with Alison Foley, Boston College Women’s Soccer Head Coach!
How To Coach Girls by Alison Foley and Mia Wenjen
Did you know that 70% of all kids quit organized sports by age 13, with girls quitting 6x the rate of boys?
Volunteer parents and experienced coaches alike will find invaluable advice on creating a successful team that motivates girls to stay in sports beyond the middle school years. Twenty-two chapters cover major issues, including how to pick captains, the importance of growth mindset, issues around body image and puberty, as well as the challenges of coaching your own daughter.
In addition, fifteen professional coaches from a range of sports, including former Olympian athletes, give their advice on what girls need from a coach to allow them to flourish in sports, and most importantly, have fun.
2 Chapter GIVEAWAY of How To Coach Girls
I am giving away two chapters of How To Coach Girls. You can download it here.
How To Coach Girls Table of Contents
What do we cover in How To Coach Girls? Check out the table of contents:
The Big Picture
- Differences Between Girls and Boys
- Keeping It Fun!
- Promoting a Growth Mindset
- Developing Team Chemistry
- The ‘How to be a Good Teammate’ Game
- Positive Reinforcement
- Developing Good People, Not Just Good Players
- Social Awareness
Solutions to Specific Issues
- Coaching Your Own Daughter
- Playing Time
- Building a Player’s Confidence
- Cliques on and Off the Field
- Pitfalls of Choosing Captains
- Handling a Losing Streak
- Supporting Multi-Sport Athletes
- Body Image, Puberty and Sports
- The Player Code of Conduct
- The Parent Code of Conduct
- Creating a Medical Emergency Plan
- Player Goals and Evaluations
- Pre-Season Logistics
Pre-Order HOW TO COACH GIRLS
How To Coach Girls comes out March 1, 2018, but it’s available for pre-order HERE! Thank you so much for your support!