Our FREE Classroom Empathy Kit is ready to download and share!
As our fifth Multicultural Children’s Book Day holiday approaches on January 27, 2018, we are thrilled to present our second Classroom Kit for teachers, librarians, parents, and guardians.
Our 2018 Classroom Empathy Kit has a special poster from award-winning author Juana Medina. This kit’s emphasis is on understanding the immigrants and refugee experience and includes a booklist along with some excellent activity ideas.
to get your FREE Downloadable Classroom Empathy Kit
Our FREE Classroom Empathy Kit contains:
- Read Your World- 19 Classroom Books to Assist in Understanding Immigration and Refugees for ages 4 -12
- Empathy Activities including a very powerful “Backpack Activity” that really shines the light on material possessions and what is most important in life.
- A true life experience retelling from co-founder Valarie Budayr that brings the Backpack Activitiy to life.
- “Everyone is Welcome Here” Empathy Classroom Poster thanks to the talents of award-winning author/illustrator, Juana Medina
- The official Multicultural Children’s Book Day Poster for 2018 courtesy of Author/Illustrator, Aram Kim
- Helpful Resources, Articles and Talking Points for Teachers
- How Do You Write Your Name? Activity
- “Can you match these famous immigrants with their contributions?” Matching Game
THANK YOU to author/illustrator Juana Medina for lending us her amazing talents as well!