Our FREE Classroom Empathy Kit is ready to download and share!
As our fifth Multicultural Children’s Book Day holiday approaches on January 27, 2018, we are thrilled to present our second Classroom Kit for teachers, librarians, parents, and guardians.
Our 2017 Multicultural Children’s Book Day Classroom Kindness Kit is here.
Our 2018 Classroom Empathy Kit has a special poster from award-winning author Juana Medina. This kit’s emphasis is on understanding the immigrants and refugee experience and includes a booklist along with some excellent activity ideas.
Sign up HERE
to get your FREE Downloadable Classroom Empathy Kit
Our FREE Classroom Empathy Kit contains:
- Read Your World- 19 Classroom Books to Assist in Understanding Immigration and Refugees for ages 4 -12
- Empathy Activities including a very powerful “Backpack Activity” that really shines the light on material possessions and what is most important in life.
- A true life experience retelling from co-founder Valarie Budayr that brings the Backpack Activitiy to life.
- “Everyone is Welcome Here” Empathy Classroom Poster thanks to the talents of award-winning author/illustrator, Juana Medina
- The official Multicultural Children’s Book Day Poster for 2018 courtesy of Author/Illustrator, Aram Kim
- Helpful Resources, Articles and Talking Points for Teachers
- How Do You Write Your Name? Activity
- “Can you match these famous immigrants with their contributions?” Matching Game
THANK YOU to author/illustrator Juana Medina for lending us her amazing talents as well!
p.s. Related posts:
10 True Kidlit Immigration Stories by Sandra Neil Wallace
New MCBD Classroom Kit: Activists & Activism!
10 Middle Grade Books about Immigrant Families
Chapter Books to Support 4th Grade or 5th Grade Immigration Unit
Meet Asian Pacific American Hero Haing Ngor
Undocumented Immigrants in Children’s Literature
Immigrant Story: In The Year of the Boar
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.
4 thoughts on “FREE Classroom Empathy Kit: Immigration & Refugees”
Such a great idea! Multicultural Day keeps getting better each yer!
Thanks Pat! This year we are working on a Poverty Classroom Kit! It’s about halfway done and we plan to release over the summer.
This is wonderful, and so timely, Mia. Can we send one to the White House?
LOL! I wish!