Phonics Museum App is an interactive phonics app for kids to learn to read. It’s like a personalized educational TV show that takes kids on an adventure in an art museum.
What’s really fun about the app is that it combines animated characters in some segments with the character, Miss Biddle, also appearing as a real person.
The app first starts with animated characters including the person playing who gets to choose an avatar. Starting in the lobby of an art museum, a magical suit of arms called Percival tells the player how this adventure works.
By going through the different rooms of the museum and playing games, singing songs, and tracing letters on the screen, the player earns points.
The games, songs, and lessons teach and reinforce phonics concepts in a really fun way. What’s really great is that this app is self-paced. Each module is short and engaging, making learning just like a personalized interactive educational TV cartoon. Kids will learn in a multi-sensory way which engages all kinds of learners — kinesthetic, visual or auditory.
The multi-sensory approach also helps to reinforce lessons by learning though listening, doing, and seeing.
Right now your child can try Phonics Museum FREE for 2 weeks. If you enjoy your trial, you don’t have to do anything at all and your membership will automatically continue if you choose to remain a member.
Membership is $9.99/month, charged to your iTunes account automatically after the free trial period is over. You can cancel anytime.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
– You may turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes user settings at any time during your 2-week free trial and you will not be charged. Go to SETTINGS on your phone and then to iTunes & App Store. Hit your Apple ID and you will get Subscriptions. Click on Subscriptions and find Phonics Museum. You can change your membership from monthly to 1 year or cancel here.
You will also receive an email to confirm your subscription which links to the page if you want to make changes.
Finally, within the app, you can go to the blue icon in the right corner, tap that and then go to the little gears. Do the math problem, and then you will go to the settings screen. From there, you can go to manage iTunes subscriptions.
– Payment will automatically be charged to your iTunes account after the period of your 2-week free trial.
– Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
– Monthly Membership – unlimited access on any device for $9.99 per month. Add up to 3 children per account. Cancel anytime.
– Annual Membership – unlimited access on any device for $99 per year. Add up to 3 children per account. Cancel anytime.
Phonics Museum App is based on the award-winning phonics reading curriculum from Veritas Press, the most awarded Classical Education curriculum provider over the last 20 years. It’s a program that works simply because kids like playing it, and, as they play, they learn.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.