Wondering how fundraising is going for Multicultural Children’s Book Day? Are you an author or publisher thinking of getting involved? Our deadline to become a sponsor is CLOSING soon on January 1st, 2017!! Please go HERE to view extended details and benefits of all of our Sponsorship Levels including Author Sponsors.
For our upcoming Multicultural Children’s Book Day on January 27th (our 4th year!), we have some amazing Sponsors in place. We are thrilled to have Scholastic as a Platinum Sponsor. Other Medallion Level Sponsors include Carole P. Roman, Audrey Press, KidLitTV, Capstone Young Readers, Gayle Swift, Wisdom Tales Press, Lee& Low Books, The Pack-n-Go Girls, Live Oak Media, Charlotte Riggle and Chronicle Books.
Did you know that last year during our January, 27 2016 event, our event generated over 93 million social media impressions in just three days?! We expect to increase this for our upcoming event!
If you are an author thinking of joining us, we have currently signed up more than 250 children’s book reviewers who will be sharing their reviews on their social media. Author sponsors can expect visibility, traffic, social media support and an “in” with a vibrant readership and support system for a very affordable rate of $100.
All book reviews will be compiled the day of the event in a huge Linky Party that doubles as a reading and book resource list for parents, teachers, caregivers and libraries. This linky will be housed all year along on the MCBD site, on Jump Into a Book and PragmaticMom along will all 16 CoHosts’ sites.
Please join us in our global online event! Act soon though: the deadline for ALL Sponsorship levels January, 1, 2017.
p.s. Did you know that we pay for the postage and handling of the hundreds of diversity books that we mail and donate to teachers for their classroom libraries from the money we raise? Your sponsorship dollars help us get multicultural books into the hands of kids who most need them.
p.p.s. Check out our AMAZING list of diversity book resources for Parents and Teachers. We have book lists and extension activities categorized by:
Our Diverse World Book Lists for Kids (this is a general book list)
It’s also broken out by country/geographic area:
- Our Diverse World: Africa
- Our Diverse World: Asia
- Our Diverse World: China
- Our Diverse World: Japan
- Our Diverse World: Korea
- Our Diverse World: India
- Our Diverse World: Armenia
- Our Diverse World: Australia
- Our Diverse World: Latin America
- Our Diverse World: Mexico
- Our Diverse World: Middle East
- Our Diverse World: Scandinavia
Diversity in Children’s Books Presented as Every Day (this is a book list)
Books on World Religions for Kids (this is a book list)
It’s also broken out by holiday and/or religion.
- Diverse Thanksgiving Books for Kids
- Diverse Christmas Books for Kids
- Muslim Books for Kids
- Jewish Books for Kids
- Hindu Books for Kids
- Buddhist Books for Kids
- Confucianism & Taoism Books for Kids
- Baha’i Books for Kids
- Day of the Dead Books for Kids
- Las Posadas Books for Kids
Seeing Yourself in Children’s Books
- Special Needs Books for Kids
- LGBT Book Lists for Kids of All Ages
- African American Books for Kids of All Ages
- American Indian Books for Kids of All Ages
- Asian American Books for Kids of All Ages
- Hispanic American Books for Kids of All Ages
Diversity Books By Genre
- Diverse Board Books
- Diverse Picture Books
- Diverse Easy Readers & Early Chapter Books
- Diverse Chapter Books
- Diverse Biography Picture Books
- Diverse Graphic Novels
- Diverse Fantasy and Science Fiction for Kids
- If You Like This: Read This Diversity Book for Kids
- Bilingual Books for Kids
General Diversity Book Lists (this is a book list)
You can also find multicultural books and resources on our collaborative Pinterest board:
**For questions or inquires, email the MCBD Project Manager at Becky@multiculturalchildrensbookday.com