2014 Children’s Africana Book Awards
Africa Access was founded in 1989 to help schools, public libraries, and parents improve the quality of their K-12 collections on Africa. In 1991, Africa Access in collaboration with the Outreach Council* of the African Studies Association created the Children’s Africana Book Awards. Today over seventy-four titles have been recognized and more than 100 authors and illustrators are members of our Winners Circle.
Children’s Africana Picture Book Awards
Desmond and the Very Mean Word, A Story of Forgiveness by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Douglas Abrams, illustrated by A.G. Ford
Bundle of Secrets, Savita Returns Home by Mubina Hassanali Kirman, illustrated by Tony Siema
Children’s Africana Chapter Book Awards
Africa Is My Home, A Child of the Amistad by Monica Edinge, illustrated by Robert Byrd
Once Upon a Time in Ghana: Traditional Stories Retold in English by Anna Cottrell, Agbotadua Togbi Kumassah, illustrated by Kwabena Poku
To examine any book more closely at Amazon, please click on image of book.
I am an Amazon affiliate which means if you buy anything through my blog, I get a very small kickback at no cost to you. I use this money to pay the postage and handling for my giveaways.
Follow PragmaticMom’s board Multicultural Books for Kids on Pinterest.
Welcome to the 52nd Kid Lit Blog Hop where we continue to develop a dynamic and engaged community of children’s books bloggers, authors, publishers, and publicists. So, you are always more than welcome to join us by popping in a post and hopping around to meet some of your fellow Kid Lit bloggers and authors! For the first time, we will also be including a Linky Party to be held in conjunction with the Kid Lit Blog Hop. Every two weeks, you will have the opportunity to join in a linky party focused on one social media network, helping you to connect with and grow your network of fellow kid lit bloggers, authors, and parents. First up… the Facebook Linky Party. We are pleased to be welcome the following co-hostess with us this week: Katie from The Logonauts, a blog focused on sharing and discussing great books for elementary and middle grade readers. Please take a moment to drop by and say hello. Welcome Katie!
Mother Daughter Book Reviews
Happy Hopping everyone and enjoy the Hop!
Kid Lit Blog Hop & Linky Party Rules *Please Read*
1. Add the link to your Facebook fan page in the Facebook Linky Party linky list below. Be sure to visit, “like”, and/or comment on your hostesses’ Facebook pages as well as the two links directly before yours. Make sure to leave us a message if you are following us and we will be sure to follow you back. 2. Link up any Kid Lit related post in the Kid Lit Blog Hop. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don’t link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post.*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one. Please link unique posts each time ~ no repeats please. *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Please visit AT LEAST the TWO LINKS from the Kid Lit Blog Hop directly ahead of your own and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you! 4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you’re linking up. If you’d prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links! 5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop/Linky Party? If you’ve joined us before, you are welcome to join us again! Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.
FACEBOOK LINKY PARTY
KID LIT BLOG HOP
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…