We are closing out our 12 Days of Shopping with the necessary thank you notes: Day 12 Etiquette of Thank you Notes. Thank YOU so much for joining us in this series. Jeanette and I really enjoyed your company! Thank you again! What gift categories would you like us to cover next year? How about for Valentine’s Day?!
Today we will cover:
- How to write a thank you note
- DIY printable thank you note for kids
12 Days of Shopping with Jeanette of Tiny Rotten Peanuts
How to Write A Charming Thank You Note
When you or your children have a pile of thank you notes to write, it’s easy to write a mechanical, cross-it-off-the-list thank you note and you are feeling less grateful for their thoughtfulness by the minute as your hand starts cramping up. I know, because I am guilty of this.
Here are some of my tricks:
- Use a special pen. I found a nib calligraphy disposable fountain pen which forces me to slow down and write legibly but any pen that you enjoy writing with will do.
- Talk about how you will enjoy their gift … when, in what manner, what you look forward to doing with it. Let your giftor know that you will be using their gift happily and in the near future!
- Use nice stationery. Have you ever ordered personalized stationery for yourself? Or made it? I often take my watercolor painting exercises and turn them into cards. Or use my kids’ old art projects.
- Small is good. This smaller space will ensure you don’t ramble on and on. I like Felix Doolittle’s small love notes ($20) for this very reason!
FREE Fill in the Blank Printable Thank You Note for Kids
I made you this Fill in the Blank Thank You Note to make thank you notes pain-free for your kids. You can print out as many copies as you like here!
I hope this makes you and your children’s thank you note writing easier this holiday season! Happy holidays!