Our mission is to not only raise awareness for the kid’s books that celebrate diversity, but to get more of these of books into classrooms and libraries.
Despite census data that shows 37% of the US population consists of people of color, only 10% of children’s books published have diversity content. Using the Multicultural Children’s Book Day, Mia and I are on a mission to change that; it’s a mission to raise awareness for the kid’s books that celebrate diversity, and to get more of these types of books into classrooms and libraries. This event also provides an excellent way for us to compile a list of book titles and blog reviews for everyone to use to expand their bookshelves.
We have been very blessed to already have some amazing event sponsors in place. Both Wisdom Tales Press and Daybreak Press Global Bookshop & Gathering Space are our PLATINUM Sponsors, Satya House and DARIA’s World Music for Children are both GOLD Sponsors and Rainbow Books along with Author Felicia Capers are proud BRONZE Sponsors! Our special Early Bird Sponsorship pricing will be ending 10/31 so please pass the word if you know of any publishers/presses interested in Silver, Gold or Bronze Sponsorship levels and Sponsorship details can be viewed HERE.
This is an official call out to all multicultural children’s book authors! There are huge benefits for authors who participate in Multicultural Children’s Book Day by either sponsoring the event, or donating copies of their books to our vast pool of children’s book review bloggers who are standing by and ready to review books all month long leading up to the event. For those authors who are interested in purchasing an Author Sponsorship here are some benefits and perks:
- Valarie and I are providing an “in” with their readership and demographic and will be promoting sponsors via name mention, products or service in a new and fresh way. These P.R methods include guest blogging, social media and press releases; sponsors will be mentioned in all P.R methods whenever possible. We will be doing countless blog posts on the new MCCBD site before and during the event and all sponsors will be mentioned as part of the posts as well.
- We are collaborating with The Children’s Book Council and First Book in various ways and will be tapping into their reach and readership to spread the word about the 1/27/15 event.
- For MCCBD 2015 we will also be implementing advanced tracking and social media analytics for more defined information and feedback for our sponsors. For our 2015 event, Multicultural Children’s Book Day site has a brand new, stand-alone site allowing the MCCBD Team to give deeper details and easier to find information about our sponsors, our mission and other valuable information for multicultural book lovers. All sponsors will be listed either on the sidebar of the site, or on a specific Sponsor page. You can view the new site HERE.
- Another effective way for you to participate as an author is to donate review copies of your multicultural children’s book to our pool of review bloggers. NOTE: All books provided to our review bloggers for the event need to be approved by our Book Review Panel. For a more specific description of a “multicultural children’s book,” go HERE.
- Currently we have over 70 established bloggers who will be matched with authors and publishers to provide a review of your book. All book review blog posts will be compiled the day of the event in a huge Linky Party that doubles as a reading list for parents, teachers, caregivers and libraries that can be viewed and pulled from all year long.
Providing copies of your multicultural book to be reviewed is an excellent way to gain visibility and recognition for your work! If you are an author with a multicultural children’s book to share, we want to hear from you! Email MCCBD Project Manager Becky F. at Becky (at) AudreyPress (dot) com to get the ball rolling. We hope to hear from you soon!
NOW…..ON TO THE BLOGGERS!
We are still very interested in connecting with established bloggers who are willing to review books for the MCCBD event. Sign-up will be closing very soon (November 30th) so we can begin the matching process and start getting books into the hands of reviewers the first week of December. To view more details or sign up to be one of our children’s book reviewers, go HERE.
Thank you for your continued support of this important event!