PickyKidPix is at sleepaway camp for a month. Her biggest gripe is that her unit’s bathroom runs out of hot water rather quickly. She says that by the 8th shower, the hot water is gone and a cold water shower at night when it’s chilly outside makes her homesick.
The waterfront at her camp provides an opportunity to get wet, but she prefers a hot shower (unlike my other kids who think swimming = shower substitute)
She found a way to get around this by getting up early and taking a hot shower before the official shower time begins. That works on the days she goes to bed early, but as the camp days progressed and she made more friends, her bedtime got later and later.
Life jackets are required for sailing, and they do tend to get smelly, necessitating the need for a shower!
She came home for the weekend between the two sessions she is doing and came up with a second strategy for staying clean because she hates it when her bedding gets grimy. Her solution? Baby wipes!
Burt’s Bee’s Baby Bee Chlorine-Free Wipes are perfect for my daughter at sleepaway camp to use as an “insta-shower”.
I’ll be sending her a care package that contains packets of Burt’s Bee’s Baby Bee Chlorine-Free Wipes because they will make her especially happy since she’s a big fan of Burt’s Bee’s products. She will use the Baby Bee Multipurpose Ointment for her cuticles, elbows and feet. The Baby Bee Shampoo and Wash will be perfect for those days she gets a hot shower. The Baby Bee Nourishing Lotion will help her after a day outside in the sun. This is one care package that she will enjoy all day!
What’s not to love about Burt’s Bees products? They are all natural. Their products come from sustainable sources. And they are committed to not just helping the bees, but our environment through energy conservation and water reclamation efforts.
Her horseback riding lessons at camp are sweaty business!
Baby Bee Chlorine-Free Wipes are designed for babies but I would not just limit their use to just the wee ones. The wipes are perfect for my tween and she’s been using their products since day one as a baby. The wipes (and other products) are great because they are:
• Chlorine Free. This is important for both babies and for use on the face. My tween is worried about her complexion and she will be using these wipes on her face, both day and night.
• Hypoallergenic. While my daughter doesn’t have allergies, I’ve noticed that chemicals from acne products cause her eye lids to swell up.
• Fragrance Free. In a small cabin with 10 other people, not everyone would agree on what kind of scent is enjoyable. Better to have no fragrance in tight quarters!
• Include Vitamin E and Aloe. Vitamin E and Aloe are calming for the skin and great for the complexion.
• Non-irritating and gentle enough for everyday use. A day at camp means a lot of activity and sweating. To avoid a cold shower , my daughter is opting for wipes; twice a day on those days when the hot water runs out.
• Pediatrician Tested. That makes me happy! I trust what pediatricians say, particularly my own.
My daughter’s favorite horse is this Chestnut brown named Valentine.
I’m glad that I can send a trusted product for my daughter to use in her moment of need. She used them, unbeknowst to her, as a baby and now they are coming to the rescue to solve her hot water problem at sleepaway camp.
Are your kids having any issues this summer around hygiene? What is your solution? Please share!
I hope you enjoyed this sponsored post courtesy of Burt’s Bees as much as my daughter is enjoying a hot shower, or, in lieu of that, Burt’s Bee’s Chlorine Free Baby Wipes. Who knew that baby wipes could cure homesickness?!