Katie from Moore from Katie said, “A few weeks ago, I had a couple of girlfriends at my house and we began talking about what we packed for the hospital when our children were born. We began to reminisce about the odd items our husbands suggested to pack and I thought I would put a fun twist on our conversation. I created a collage and wanted to pass it along. Take a look at my collage here: ”
She thought it would be fun to have other mom bloggers share what they packed for the delivery room hospital stay. My hospital bag checklist is below Katie’s.
Hospital Bag Checklist for Baby Delivery
Katie’s Must-Haves Hospital Bag Packing List:
1. Diaper Bag: I love this color! Source: www.potterybarnkids.com
2. ID and Insurance Cards: These are a MUST have for the hospital- to ensure they process your paperwork correctly.
3. Cord Blood Collection Kit: This is of your partner’s responsibilities and is important to give to your doctor. Source: www.viacord.com
4. Flip-Flops: Many of my friends brought slippers, which got dirty quickly at the hospital. I chose flip-flops and they were great!
5. Bathrobe: It’s important to be comfortable and a cozy robe is a perfect choice.
6. Big Sibling Gift: Making your first child feel involved is very important. Bring his/her gift to the hospital for their arrival!
7. iPad: Comes in handy to Skype and e-mail!
8. Camera: My husband was able to capture some beautiful pictures with our camera. These memories are priceless.
His Must-Haves Hospital New Baby Items:
9. Some Type of Ball: “To toss around while waiting for labor”, was his explanation. Really?
10. PowerBars: My husband assured me that he needed to have the proper fuel for delivery. Source: www.powerbar.com
11. Our pup, Skip: Okay, this is a stretch and I understand where he was coming from but- no dogs allowed!
12. A Stop Watch: While my husband thought timing the labor was a good idea, I assured him it would get tossed across the room (by me.)
13. Pickles and Ice Cream: Doesn’t he realize the cravings are gone? I mean…really…
14. “Neuralyzer”: The “memory eraser from Men In Black”…just in case some of the more anatomical memories needed to be erased.
15. Comics: I mean…how many children do I have here?
16. Give It Your Spin!: My husband always kept me on my toes and although he tried to help pack for our delivery, my suggestions were a little more practical. Feel free to share what your husband brought in the comments section below!
My Hospital Bag Must Haves:
1. Slippers. I hate those paper hospital slippers.
2. My own pillow. Ditto on the hospital pillows.
3. Sibling gift. My other kids are not excited to have a new addition.
4. Baby name books. We didn’t know what we were having and oops!, our second child did not turn out to be a boy so we did not have a name ready.
5. Infant Car Seat. So you can go home!
6. Photo I.D. cards including hospital card. You need this for fast check-in and out.
7. Snacks. For me and my husband post-baby
8. Sweater because those hospital gowns have that opening in the back.
9. Camera and video camera. Have to keep up taking at least 50% of the photos of the new kid as the next older sibling.
I should have brought essential oil room spray. I hate the way the hospital smells.
Did you bring anything that we didn’t include? Please share!
p.s. Related posts:
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.