SEO Class for Mommy Bloggers
Now that I am 7 lessons deep into Vanita’s course, I feel qualified to say that things are starting to make sense. I now know how to:
- Create pages which help organize my blog so that Google recognizes my blog posts that drive me business and traffic. This allows me to also blog on “off-topic” posts which is what makes me a mommy blogger.
- I learned how to use H1, H2 headers effectively and cross link my posts.
- She showed me an SEO plugin (actually several) but especially how to configure it and utilize it properly.
- Ditto for handling NoFollow links especially with regard to affiliate links.
- I learned how to analyze my posts and view them the way Google does.
- Are you site mapping your blog? Don’t worry, she’ll teach you how.
- She’s also great about Q and A. She answers promptly via email with an answer specific to my blog. The tech support alone from her is worth the price of her class.
Google SEO Class for Mommy Bloggers
My Google traffic just dropped 4 days ago. It was fine when I was on vacation for two weeks and hardly did anything except queue up posts to load three times a week. I did something stupid the last time Google changed to Google Penguin — I changed my permalinks without doing redirects. Clearly, I had no idea what I was doing.
I called up my Social Media friend, Vanita Cyril from After Bedtime Blog, to help me out with my crisis of losing more than half my traffic. She went to work and fixed the redirects along with a slew of other things that I needed to do. In fact, most of these things were long overdue:
- Research Key Words and then actually use them
- Clean up my mess of old Key Words
- Use my All in One SEO plugin correction. No ignoring the character count!
- Attach an image to each post
- Use H1 and H2 headlines correction
- Move the image to align right instead of align left
- Link, when possible, to previous posts
- Start a newsletter
There was more stuff too! And you know what? I started to notice some interesting developments. My Alexa dropped from 550,000 to under 150,000! (This is good; the lower the better). My bounce rate dropped from 80% to under 9%. (This is good, this means that 9% of my visitors read more than one post.) And, most importantly, my traffic started to come back.
Now, Vanita is running a video course to teach this and more! I’m signed up. If you want to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that is geared towards mommy bloggers and is spoon fed in a fun and helpful way, sign up for her course too! This is what she is covering:
Here’s what I’m covering in this 2 week email course with videos.
- What the Google Knowledge Team Loves
- How To Properly Structure Your Blog
- Basic Keyword Research – It’s not all about numbers.
- How to properly configure a SEO Plugin
- How To Properly use a SEO Plugin
- How To SEO Your Posts
- How to Create the Optimal Sitemap
- The Most Important Line in the Robots.txt file and how to make sure Google finds it
- How to use Webmaster Tools Effectively
- How to configure affiliate links properly
- Keyword Research for Service or Product Pages
- Keyword Research for Review posts with affiliate links
- The Post Method
- And more…
Assignments are sent out via newsletter email and include a link with password to that day’s exercise. You have 4 weeks of email support from the time you view your first video.
Lifetime Access To The Videos
When the course is done, you’ll have the knowledge needed to make Google Luv Your WordPress Blog.
Those student who stayed subscribed to the class email list will receive notification of any newly added material and free access!
Please note, only bloggers who have a self hosted WordPress Blog will benefit from the tactics used in this video.
If this sounds like something you need, sign up here. You won’t regret it!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.