Blog Improvement with Bloggy Friends
I’m joining the Bloggiesta Weekend Challenge hosted by It’s All About Books. This is what it is:
March 30, 31 and April 1. Do you have things you’d like to do on your blog that you haven’t managed to get to in forever? Do you want to do those things with lots of other bloggers from all over? Talk things over with them? Bounce ideas off them? Learn from them? Teach them too?
If you decide to participate, here’s what you can expect:
- to spend time that weekend (as much or as little as your schedule allows) working on your blog
- to create a to do list to share on your blog and link up with other participants
- to hopefully participant in several mini challenges and learn something new
- to connect with other participants through blog hopping or twitter
- to make new blogging friends!
- to come away at the end of the three days with a spiffed up blog!
So what do I want to do for those three days?
Blog Improvement Goals
1) Fix my SEO (Search Engine Optimization = How High You Come Up On Google when any terms are searched) on several hundred blog posts. Yep, if I did that and only that, my traffic should jump and I will have taught myself a valuable lesson about KEY WORDS and using the WordPress Plugin ALL in ONE SEO correctly (i.e. following the directions!).
2) I need to add a photo to my blog posts on books that is NOT linked to Amazon so that I can pin it on Pinterest. This photo also needs to be set as the featured photo so that I can have little, tiny images on my YAARP (Yet Another Related Post) which gives suggestions of similar posts on my blog.
4) I seriously need to post less frequently because this pace (times 3 blogs) is killing me.
5) I need to balance this pile of work across the other demands of my life. So rather than a mad sprint for 3 days, I shall try to do accomplish this over the entire month of March and hope to be done by April 1st.
So the upshot is that I will be working frantically on my blog for the next month but you, my dear reader, might not notice many changes.