New Books for 5th Grade and 6th Grade
This great list is from my local library, the Newton Free Library. If you are part of the Minuteman Library System, just click on the title to reserve the book. These lists have a great mix of graphic novels, non-fiction, poems, fiction, audio books and more. I have more lists here:
My oldest is a huge fan of Kathi Appelt and LOVED this book.
6. Bragg, Georgia. How They Croaked: The Awful Ends of the Awfully Famous. (J 920. B73H)
10. Henderson, Jason. Vampire Rising. (Alex Van Helsing, #1) (J Fic)
11. Johnson, Rebecca L. Journey into the Deep. (J 591.77 J63J)
*13. Kent, Peter. Peter Kent’s City Across Time. (J 307.76 K41C)
*14. Lupica, Mike. Hero. (J Fic) and (J Audiobook)
15. MacDonald, Bailey. Wicked Will. (J Myst)
21 Quimby, Laura. The Carnival of Lost Souls: A Handcuff Kid Novel. (J Fic)
23. Rhodes, Jewell Parker. Ninth Ward. (J Fic) and (J Audiobook)
25. Shang, Wendy Wan-Long. The Great Wall of Lucy Wu. (J Fic)
My oldest and I also loved this book. It just won Parents’ Choice Silver Honors. I have a review here.
26. Sloan, Christopher. Mummies. (J 393.3 S63M)
27. Tanner, Lian. Museum of Thieves. (J Fic) and (J Audiobook)
29. Townsend, Michael. Amazing Greek Myths of Wonder and Blunders. (J 292.13 T66M [Graphic])
*30. Zimmer, Tracie Vaughn. Cousins of Clouds: Elephant Poems. (J 821 Z65C)
* Great author who has other good titles.
To examine any of the items listed, please click on image of item. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 is a book that I created to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books.