Fee Based Website is Like Spanish Tutor for Kids
Kulcutural Kids has a Foreign Langauge and Friends website to teach children vocabulary through themed web games in Spanish but other languages coming soon. They offered me a code to check it out and I have to say that it took me a long time to get around to it, but when I finally took a look, I was really impressed.
How It Works:
- Themed units include: shapes, parts of the body, emotions, transportation, colors, zoo animals, family and more. They will keep adding units.
- Each unit has many different fun activities that reinforce the word units. The activities include: vocabulary builder with game to match picture against the word they say, match game, songs, spelling, printable coloring sheets and more. I like the different ways to learn the words; there is something for every child plus enough variety that your child will keep playing and playing and playing.
- This is a fee based website. There is a free 7 day trial and then the cost is $9.99/month or $99.95/year. (You can cancel your subscription at any time.)
- This is a great site for homeschoolers who want to introduce foreign language into their curriculum without having to hire a tutor. I think it’s also great for preschoolers and elementary school age children who don’t have foreign languages taught in school (my school!).
- The sweet spot for the site is preschool and elementary school age children.
- This is the link to their FAQ.
Would I use this for my children? We have a Spanish tutor that comes to the house and teaches each child separately. (I tried to combine them but it didn’t work at all). My issue is carving out time to actually use this site to make it worthwhile. Realistically, I don’t think I have the energy to get them to do ONE MORE THING consistently. If I were homeschooling, I would definitely use this because I’d have more time. My youngest loves to play on the computer so I will try to see if this site can compete with Pokemon and Bakugan and whatever else he watches and plays on the computer. Now, if Foreign Language and Friends can beat out Bakugan then I’ll really be impressed!