Do your kids like classic board games? Mine do.
How about Clue? I feel like it’s part of pop culture … and it’s a board game that even became a movie! The characters are such great mystery archtypes:
- Miss Scarlet is the stock character of a femme fatale. She is typically portrayed as young, cunning, and highly attractive. She rolls first in the game.
- Colonel Mustard is the stock character of a great white hunter and colonial imperialist. He is usually a military man both dignified and dangerous. Originally patented as Colonel Yellow, his name was changed prior to the first edition of the game. He rolls second in the game.
- Mrs. White is usually the stock portrayal of a frazzled servant. She rolls third in the game.
- In North America, he is Mr. Green, who has taken many money-oriented roles from mobster to businessman. He rolls fourth in the game.
- Mrs. Peacock is the stock character of a grande dame, an elderly yet still attractive woman who maintains her dignity in almost all cases in most versions. She is the only original character to debut with the game who was created after the original patent was filed by the inventor. She rolls fifth in the game.
- Professor Plum is the stock character of an absent-minded professor. Often depicted as either a young or middle aged fellow with a bow tie and glasses, he is widely seen as the intellectual. He rolls last in the game.