I’m fairly new to Instagram — about two years now — and it’s becoming one of my favorite social media platforms to meet and really get to know bloggers, authors, illustrators, and moms. I like how quickly an image can convey a message and how easy it is to comment and follow the commentary.
Here’s a small sampling of who I love. It’s pretty impossible to pick just 10 but that’s what I did today. I could probably keep this kind of post up weekly for months! How about you? Who do you recommend?
You might recognize these illustrators from children’s books but follow them for their amazing doodles.
1. Lori Nichols. I love her hyperlapse drawing videos. She’s a fun illustrator to watch in action!
2. Inky Girl. Debbie Ridpath Ohi plays with her food, making for whimsical drawings.
These craft bloggers have the cutest projects and their photos are also so beautifully lit that I imagine they have serious photography chops too!
3. Hello Wonderful. Her crafts and feed are so happy and fun. It’s a feel good experience even if you don’t actually do the projects.
4. Pink Stripey Socks. I love her art and craft projects too! She can take any kind of household object and turn it into something special. That’s a gift that I don’t have but can appreciate!
Nature never looked so beautiful as through the eyes of these two.
6. Kriss MacDonald lives a wild and slow enviable life in England. I enjoy being a voyeur in her magical world where it seems like fairies really do exist.
7. Photos by KAG. Sometimes I need to be reminded of the ocean and he captures it in a dramatic fashion. He also has images of things that I am into as well like martial arts and beautiful faraway places.
8. Craftwhack. Jeanette is hilarious on any social media platform, but I feel like I get more details of her life here … like she just moved to a new house and her husband has a line of gorgeous watches at Olander Watch.
9. Little Kid Big City. In my next life, I want to come back as littlekidnyc. He has the most amazing experiences on a daily basis.
Follow to feel better about yourself …
10. Books with Barbers. This non profit gets kids reading gifting them books while they get their hair cut. Ingenious, right?! We were thrilled, through Multicultural Children’s Book Day, to donate books to them.
I’m halfway to my goal of getting 10,000 Instagram followers. Will you please follow me? I’ll follow you back!
p.s. Humans of NY. I’m sure you know about Humans of NY already. I discovered these stories via Instagram recently. I am slow like that.