High-tech devices and networking apps have fueled the fire for online bullying. Bullies looking forward to annoying and hurting kids have moved from school playground to the Web. As a result, kids are experiencing cyberbullying, and unfortunately, parents are not fully aware of this.
According to the stats of Nerds On Call, 42% kids have been bullied online and as per the survey conducted by NoBullying.com, “81% of youth thinks that online bullying is the easiest. 53% kids admit that they have cyberbullied and 1 in 3 has done it repeatedly”. Cyberbullying activities are numerous. Now the question arises about WHY cyberbullying is easy for kids? It’s Social Networks. These networks allow kids tomake fake profiles, target innocent kids easy and not be detected. This Infographic by Chronicleme explains the online risks and hazards.
Teens don’t outgrow cyberbullying. According to the Infographic, 1 million kids were bullied on Facebook. The figure is alarming but worrying alone will do no good to you or to your kid. So, take appropriate steps now!
How to prevent bullying?
You have to make sure that your kids share with you if they get bullied. It’s also important to check on their activities online to make sure they are not being bullied or bullying others. You can counsel them and train them how to be a good digital citizen.
A parental control app such as FamilyTime can also help. With this app, you can not only monitor your kids’ activities but take control over what they do too.
The app helps parents:
- Keep an eye on their kids’ browsing history along with the date and time for each URL.
- View their bookmarks and favorites.
- Monitor call logs and check the caller details and view their call timing along with date stamps.
- Mirror contacts and view every contact saved in their kid’s phone along with the listed details.
- Watchlist contacts and get instant alerts on the connection.
- Check all of their installed apps along with app version and date of installation.
- Block questionable apps & games.
- Check location-history and stay in the know where their kids were the whole day.
- Add specific places to Places list and get alerts when their kids enter or exit those places.
- Receive SOS alerts in case of emergency from the kids with location details.
- Receive PickMeUp alerts from your children and stay informed when it’s time to pick them up.
- Schedule auto screen locks for certain time durations such as study hours, meal breaks and sleep time etc.
- Put screen locks at any time they don’t want kids to use their smartphones.
That’s not all.
The app also provides controls and monitoring tools. Parents can keep track of the contents their teens view over the internet. They can see if their teens are looking for help or antidepressants solution or on porn site. They can also trace the call history of their kids to know who their teens are in contact with and who they connected with.
Download the app yourself for free and see it yourself.
Prevent Cyberbullying Virtually!
The world is getting smarter day by day and problems are more digital than ever. But the best part is that we can have digital solutions to help. Check out a parental control app such as FamilyTime and protect your kids.