Rising 2nd Grade Summer Math Review
We’re almost done! Just over one week of summer math review to go! In doing [most] of these math problems with my son, I realized a few things:
- He needs to review the months of the year as he keeps skipping the month of May.
- He doesn’t know our home phone numbers or our cell phone number.
- He doesn’t know our zip code or what a zip code is.
- He thinks we live in Boston. We do not.
- He still needs to learn to ride a bike. Ok, I didn’t get this from the math review, but it’s reminding me that he needs to learn.
Monday, August 20
Ask an adult to listen to you count. Start at 85, count back to 55 by ones. Now count by 25’s to 500.
Tuesday, August 21
Draw a circle and a square. Shade in a fourth of each shape.
Wednesday, August 22
I have 3 bundles of 10 and 17 left over. Jay has 4 bundles of 10 and 7 left over. Compare the amounts.
Thursday, August 23
How many cans of soup, fruit and vegetables do you have at home? If each can costs 10 cents, how much money do you need to buy all of them?
Friday, August 24
Draw and name all of the 2-dimensional shapes that have 4 sides and 4 angles. Can you make at least 5 shapes?
Saturday, August 25
Play Tens Go Fish with 0-10. It’s just like Go Fish. Instead of asking for number in your hand, ask for the number that gives you a sum of 10. Use jacks as 0 and the Ace as 1.
Sunday, August 26
Sarah reads 7 books. Jim reads 4 books. How many more books did Sarah read than Jim? Write a number sentence.
All the weeks for Going Into 2nd Grade Summer Math Problems are here: