Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
The Hardest Job in The World
Is the Best Job.
Happy Mother’s Day to All Moms Around the World!
Engage Moms took a small sampling of 7o moms and found that, we, in fact, DON’T want candy or flowers, “moms chose “help around the house” far more frequently than the alternatives: brunch, dinner, flowers or jewelry.”
- Fifty moms said they wanted to spend that time with their families rather than on their own. When it came to how to spend that family time, 50% more moms preferred “just hanging out at home” (30 moms) to “brunch” (20 moms) as their favorite Mother’s Day activity. Only a few opted for movies or shopping. Other plans for the day included walks on the beach, going to the park, cookouts, picnics and short trips.
- Moms who preferred to spend time alone opted 2:1 for “doing something just for me” over “doing nothing but relaxing.”
- For moms who wanted to do something special for themselves, pampering was the name of the game: 22 opted for massages, just edging out manicures and pedicures.
- Not a single mom wanted to spend the day “catching up” or “with friends.” Interestingly, only two said they wanted to spend the day with their own moms.
Other findings of the survey of 350 moms included:
- 51% of moms want a day of pampering most for Mother’s Day
- 54% percent think a nice meal at home that they don’t have to make or clean up would be ideal
- The top three gifts moms want on Mother’s Day are: a day at the spa, a gift card or flowers
To make sure every mother gets the Mother’s Day she deserves, Cozi is launching the “Make Another Mother’s Day” campaign. Cozi is challenging people nationwide to find someone who might not be recognized on Mother’s Day—maybe a single mom, a friend who’s lost a child, or someone who has been a motherly figure to others—and make her day. Visithttp://www.cozi.com/
Teaching Tiny Tots has a great post on making a mother’s day coupon book. I love those! I used to make them as a child.
An homage to moms commercial from P & G. I dare you to watch it and not tear up. Yup. They understand moms. This is to every mom out there!
My oldest, Music Lovers, checked my Pinterest board to see if I gave out clues but I don’t have much. I would actually love that Mother’s Day card/book where my kids can record messages to me. Also, I love their homemade cards. What do I need? Nothing. What do I want? I am actually doing a Mom Yoga Retreat after Mother’s Day and that is a great gift!
What do I really want? A day to lounge around in bed, reading and blogging, without anyone giving me a hard time. I’ll come out for meals but that’s it! With a hectic day — I saw the calendar already — that is not likely. A rain check would be lovely though …
What do you want for Mother’s Day? Please share!
Being a mom is the hardest job in the world. But it’s also the best.
This Procter & Gamble commercial honors everything that all moms do to help their children succeed by showcasing the amazing moms behind Olympic athletes at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The hardest job in the world is truly the best job in the world.
Join P&G in saying “Thank you, Mom” by sending your Mom a message of thanks at: http://www.facebook.com/thankyoumom