Video Camera for Those on the Go
The GoPro Camera is this tiny versatile camera that you can strap to yourself, your helmet or a metal pole to shoot underwater or while you are actively moving. It has a gyroscope so that the video shot is stable and focused even if you are in motion upside down (as in the skiing video below). It’s very cool and it turns out that my Mom Friend Shelby’s brother-in-law invented it with his friend to capture themselves in action while surfing. My husband is not an extreme sport participant but he still wants it.
When we were skiing last weekend, we saw it in action. The college-y boys on our shuttle had them strapped to a metal pole or on a helmet. I was also riveted watching a video at the ski shot that had gorgeous footage of people in action doing all kinds of extreme sports from hang gliding to helicopter-in skiing to surfing.
- Professional-grade full HD video up to 1080p
- 60 frames per second option in 720p and WVGA resolutions provides liquid smooth slow motion playback
- Videos can be easily edited with iMovie or Windows Movie Maker
- Industry’s widest angle (170º) and sharpest lens captures more of the scene, including you
- Includes easy-to-apply mounts for attaching camera to any helmet, motorcycle, car, ATV, jet ski, snowmobile, boat, or virtually any vehicle.
- Impact-resistant housing is waterproof to 180 ft (60 meters)
To view the Go Pro Camera at Amazon (and to check to see if it ever goes on sale), please click on image of camera.